Welcome to The Content Club pod, with your host Jess Bruno! We’re continuing our series interviewing small business owners whose lives are impacted by chronic illnesses, and in this episode we chat with Sarah Oakley, founder of BraveBirdClub!
Sarah is on a mission to inspire everyday she-roes to be brave through the harder times in life. She is the creator of Brave Bird Pants – actual lovingly made knickers to pull up on those days you need that extra bit of confidence, and every pair sold supports a woman through abuse, violence and addiction.
Sarah has also been a carer for her husband, who has ME/CFS, for over 10 years. For three of those years he was bedridden with the illness, meaning that Sarah had to shift her entire routine and how she ran her business.
Tune in to learn about:
- How Sarah sold her first business and moved from Watford to Mallorca, so that she could better look after her husband and young family.
- How Sarah started Brave Bird Club and views her business as a form of self-care.
- The differences in how you show up as a service vs product based business.
- Why Sarah describes herself as ‘proudly selfish’ when it comes to taking care of herself.
- How loneliness impacts many people with chronic illnesses due to having to live a different life than others.
- Sarah’s posting schedule and how she approaches user generated content (UGC).
I think something we can all take away from this episode: Keep watering YOU. And Sarah is a great example of that.
Follow Sarah on Instagram @BraveBirdClub and check out the Brave Bird Pants on her website: https://bravebird.club/collections/brave-pants
Don’t forget to follow @thecontentclub.co on Instagram! Doors to my membership, The Content Club, open soon – get on the waitlist: https://jessicabruno.co.uk/the-content-club/
Thank you for tuning in to The Content Club Pod. If you found this episode valuable, please consider leaving a review on your fav podcast platform. Your feedback helps us continue providing content that empowers small business owners.