Welcome to The Content Club pod, with your host Jess Bruno! We’re continuing our series interviewing small business owners with chronic illnesses by chatting with Alana from This Is The Remix!
Alana has been living with endometriosis and painful cramps all of her life, and when she was 36 she was also diagnosed with autism. She’s always been interested in mental health, and after her diagnosis and going through her own healing journey, she realised that there are many people out there who are just like her who deserve help and support, too.
She started her mental health clothing brand This Is The Remix in 2020, which combines her special interests in psychiatry, psychology and fashion to help women live the life they want with a more positive mindset. Their ethos is that the more openly we speak about our mental health, the more connections we make and the less alone and isolated we feel on our own mental health journeys.
Tune in to learn more about:
- Alana’s health journey and how she got diagnosed with endometriosis and autism in the same year
- How Alana manages her life by balancing chronic pain in her pelvis and sensitivities from her autism
- Dealing with imposter syndrome and not getting caught up in the comparison trap
- How she optimises and automates her biz to make life easier, especially on high pain days
- How Alana stays gentle with herself to avoid burnout and overwhelm
- How her chronic illness led Alana to start her own business so she could work on her own terms
Thank you for tuning in to The Content Club Pod. If you found this episode valuable, please consider leaving a review on your fav podcast platform. Your feedback helps us continue providing content that empowers small business owners.